Self-compassion, empathy towards oneself and the willingness to be vulnerable paired with ongoing awareness are the qualities we need to nurture so that we might heal our mind and body and after that the mind and bodies of others and then the planet too. Bringing mindfulness to our own lives with these powerful states of consciousness can be part of the beginning of change. Paying attention to a process is changing the process!
Below is a collection of links that deal with these qualities in many different ways. This collection will be part of the navigation menu up at the top of the page under Healing Arts and will be updated as is appropriate.
The collection of posts:
● Empathy — non-violent communication
● Psychiatrist who heals with love and empathy–not meds — discusses the power of love and consideration towards those with psychosis
● We numb vulnerability — “We numb vulnerability…we are the most in debt, obese, addicted and medicated adult cohort in US history.”
● Shame: a painful emotion caused by a strong sense of guilt, embarrassment, unworthiness, or disgrace — shame can keep us from experiencing the openess of vulnerability
● The Science of Compassion — the idea that self-compassion trumps self-esteem is an excellent point that needs to be considered. Here she goes into depth about this idea.
● The Empathic Civilisation: the human family — We have to start thinking like an extended family! (the human family)